Welcome and thanks for booking your vacation rental through Evolve Vacation Rental Network.
By clicking "Book Now" you are acknowledging and agreeing to the following for this specific property:
- BOOKING TRANSACTION – You are entering into a rental agreement directly with the owner or manager of the vacation rental you are booking (your “Host” and the “Vacation Rental”, respectively). Evolve Vacation Rental Network, Inc. (“Evolve”) is simply acting as a neutral venue and is not a party to the booking transaction. It is ultimately your Host, and not Evolve, who is responsible for the handling of payments and refunds and on-the-ground service, including, but not limited to, the condition of the Vacation Rental and access to the Vacation Rental. Evolve will be unable to make substitutions or refunds upon arrival.
- PAYMENT TERMS & CANCELLATION – The non-refundable down payment and balance due terms are explained in the Payment Terms section on the checkout web page for the Vacation Rental. Please review these terms carefully. You may cancel your booking at any time, however, all amounts paid are non-refundable. Evolve is not authorized to make exceptions to these terms.
- HOUSE RULES – The Vacation Rental may have specific rules regarding large groups, parties, pets, smoking, etc. These rules are detailed in the Property Description section of the Vacation Rental listing, and/or Exhibit A attached hereto, and are incorporated into this Rental Policy. Please review these terms carefully, as violation may result in additional fees or eviction without refund. Evolve is not authorized to make exceptions to these rules.
- ARRIVAL DETAILS & CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT – Once your booking has been paid in full, you will receive contact information for the primary contact for your stay (your “Local Contact”). Your Local Contact can help you arrange your arrival and check-in, coordinate any maintenance needs, etc. Check-in and check-out times will be confirmed with your Local Contact and communicated in a pre-stay communication at least 10 days prior to your arrival. Please also communicate your expected arrival time to your Local Contact.
- DAMAGE & INSURANCE – Wherever possible, in lieu of a security deposit, Evolve charges a mandatory fee for third-party accidental rental damage insurance. This fee and the related terms, conditions and coverage amounts are detailed on the Booking Details section of the checkout web page and are incorporated into this Rental Policy. If for any reason third-party accidental rental damage insurance cannot be issued for your stay, your Host reserves the right to collect a deposit (the “Security Deposit”) to protect against damages. If applicable, the Security Deposit will be detailed on the Booking Details section of the checkout web page and shall be refunded within 15 days of your departure date provided no deductions are made due to A) damage to property or furnishings, B) dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning, or C) any other costs incurred by your Host as a result of your stay. Any damage to the Vacation Rental must be reported to Evolve and the Local Contact before check-out. Damage not covered by, or exceeding the coverage limit of, the accidental rental damage insurance or Security Deposit, is your full responsibility. You grant your Host the right to charge the credit card number used to book the Vacation Rental for any such damages, including, but not limited to, additional cleaning fees. To ensure that the proper party is held responsible, please notify your Local Contact of any damages found at check-in.
- FEES & ADDITIONAL SERVICES – Your Host is required to disclose all mandatory booking-related fees in the Vacation Rental listing. In some cases, however, your Host may have optional fees and services (e.g., to heat a swimming pool in the winter). Should you opt into any of these services and related fees your Host and/or Evolve will provide payment details.
- MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY – The maximum number of people that may occupy the Vacation Rental is indicated in the listing. This rule applies to day visitors and children as well. Unless otherwise approved by your Local Contact or Host, occupancy over the indicated capacity may result in eviction and forfeiture of amounts paid. Evolve is not authorized to make exceptions to these terms.
- MAINTENANCE – Your Host cares very much about their Vacation Rental and strives to keep it in excellent shape. If you notice any problems or maintenance issues, please notify your Local Contact immediately.
- CANCELLATIONS BY YOUR HOST – In the event that your Host has to cancel your booking for any reason you will be notified as quickly as possible and refunded 100% of any amounts paid. We highly recommend that you purchase trip insurance to protect against certain types of cancellations, among other risks. Evolve is not responsible or liable for cancellations by your Host.
- CLEANLINESS – You are expected to treat the Vacation Rental with respect, keeping in mind that this is an individual’s home, not a hotel room. Even in cases where a cleaning fee is charged, you are expected to leave the Vacation Rental in a clean, neat and orderly condition.
- INDEMNIFICATION & HOLD HARMLESS – You agree to indemnify and hold harmless your Host, and Evolve, for any liabilities, damage, cost or expense whatsoever arising from or related to any claim in connection with your use and/or occupancy of the Vacation Rental, including, but not limited to, any claim or liability for personal injury, damage, loss of personal belongings or theft of property which is made, incurred or sustained by you and/or anyone you invite to use the Vacation Rental as your guest.
- ATTORNEY’S FEES & COSTS – If your Host employs the services of an attorney or attorneys to enforce any conditions of this Rental Policy, you shall be liable to your Host for reasonable attorney's fees and costs incurred by your Host.
- FALSIFIED BOOKINGS – If your booking was made under false pretense, including, but not limited to, a falsified name, age or size of party, you will be subject to immediate eviction and forfeiture of all amounts paid.
- HOST ACCESS – If requested, you shall allow your Host access to the Vacation Rental during your stay. Your Host shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
- GENERAL TERMS – If any section, clause, paragraph or term of the Rental Agreement is held or determined to be void, invalid or unenforceable, for any reason, all other terms, clauses or paragraphs herein shall be severed and remain in force and effect. This Agreement is taken in full compliance with federal, state and local Fair Housing Laws, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, country of origin, handicap or familial status.
EXHIBIT A – ADDITIONAL HOUSE RULES
Our deluxe mountain homes are owned by private individuals who take great pride in the quality of their property.
They are cleaned and maintained by a dedicated staff to make your stay here as enjoyable as possible.
As our guest, you are responsible for taking care of the property, furnishings and grounds as if this were your own
home, and for leaving the home as you found it! You are also responsible for the behavior of your guests!
If there is a serious problem requiring immediate attention, please contact Dale (606-663-0005) within one hour of your
arrival so that any problems can be dealt with quickly.
In order to leave the cabin in the same condition in which you found it, and to avoid additional charges, you are expected
to complete the following tasks prior to your 11:00 AM departure:
1. Garbage. Place all garbage into clearly marked garbage bins located outside the cabin. 2-3 trash bags are provided for you
for a 2-3 day stay. If you are staying longer, we will bring more trash bags to you, as needed.
2. Clean Kitchen. Wipe all kitchen surfaces so that they are free of grease and food. Empty the refrigerator completely. Place
soiled dishes in the dishwasher and start a load (using the dishwashing detergent tablets provided in the white dish on the
counter or in the window sill), or hand wash all dishes.
3. Linens. Start a load of towels in the washing machine (using the detergent and bleach tablets provided on the washing
machine or left on the dining room table – put the tablets in the tub, not in the dispenser). Strip the sheets and pillow cases
(not the mattress covers, bedspreads or blankets) from the beds and place them in the utility room or by the washing
4. Furniture. If furniture has been moved during your stay, return it to its original location, to avoid a charge to you if we have
to move it back.
5. Thermostat / Lights. During your stay, please set the AC no lower than 75 degrees in the summer, or the heat no higher
than 68 degrees in the winter. Upon departure, please set the thermostat to 80 degrees in the summer, or 58 degrees in
the winter. Turn off all lights, lock all doors and windows, and return the key to the lock box at the front door.
6. Report Damages. Report any damages by phone, text or email upon your departure so that repairs can be promptly
scheduled. If you paid the $39 Peace-of-Mind Damage Waiver fee, you MUST report accidental damage to Dale as soon as
possible in order for up to $1,500 in damages to be covered, subject to the terms and exclusions specified in the agreement
you signed. If you chose NOT to purchase the damage waiver, you will be responsible for the cost of repairing damage to
the property that occurred during your stay.
Rental Policies – Please Read Carefully to Avoid Additional Charges
We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and quality workmanship, as this is how we attract good customers like
you and keep our owners satisfied. When our policies are not followed, we must charge for negligence or damages
that are not covered by the $39 Peace-of-Mind Damage Waiver. We hope you understand our commitment to
keeping our cabins the premiere accommodations in the area. Once you experience our premiere cabins, we know
you’ll appreciate our policies.
This page has been read and is understood. Please initial here ______
Cabins of Birch Hollow Rental Agreement
1. Check-in is after 4:00 PM and check-out is before 11:00 AM. It is very important that these check-in and check-out times
be upheld in order to give our cleaning staff enough time to thoroughly prepare each cabin for our incoming guests, to
determine if previous guests left personal items behind before new guests arrive, and to make emergency unanticipated
repairs. Late checkout may result in a charge up to an additional day’s rental.
2. Keys must be returned to the lock box at the door at check-out. There will be an additional $100 charge for keys not
returned, to cover the cost of having the locks promptly changed after your departure.
3. No Smoking Policy. Smoking is permitted outside and on the outside decks only, where ashtrays are provided. Evidence of
smoking inside the cabins will results in a $200 charge to cover additional cleaning and odor/smoke removal. Many of our
guests are sensitive to smoke and complain about the smell of smoke. Expenses related to violation of the No Smoking
Policy are NOT covered by the $39 Peace-of-Mind Damage Waiver.
4. No Pet Policy. Four of our cabins (Mane Stay, Mountain Spirit, Sundance, Woodsman) allow pets, for an upfront nonrefundable
$50 pet fee per pet, with a limit of 2 pets. If evidence of pets is found in the cabins that allow pets, but no
upfront fee was paid, the $50 pet fee per pet will be immediately assessed. Guests will be told to leave immediately (with
no refund) if pets are found in cabins with a No Pet Policy, and a $200 additional cleaning fee will be assessed for this policy
violation. Some of our guests are allergic and/or sensitive to pet odors or fur, and we must thoroughly clean and deodorize
after pets have been in the cabins. Pets must be caged if left unattended in cabins. Expenses related to violation of the No
Pet Policy are NOT covered by the $39 Peace-of-Mind Damage Waiver.
5. Furniture Policy. Furniture should not be moved, or should be returned to its original location, by our guests. An additional
$50 fee will be assessed for moving furniture back to its original position.
6. Maximum Number of Guests. The maximum number of guests permitted per cabin varies from cabin to cabin and is
posted on the cabin website. This restriction is imposed by the State Fire Marshall for your safety. Cabins are patrolled
continuously, and you and your guests will be told to leave immediately with no refunds if you exceed capacity.
7. Television Service. All units are equipped with a color TV and DVD player. We will attempt to promptly handle TV/DVD
issues reported to us before 6:00 PM, however no replacement or repair is guaranteed, and no refunds or discounts will be
given for TV/DVD malfunctions. Because our cabins are remote, Satellite service may be intermittent. We suggest you
bring your favorite movies and games to enjoy.
8. Repair Issues. We will make every effort to resolve any problems or emergency needed repairs reported to us before 6:00
PM. No repair is guaranteed, and mechanical failures will not guarantee a refund.
9. Campfires. For the safety of our guests, fires are allowed only in designated fire pit areas outside (or in the outside woodburning
fireplace located at Lakewood).
10. Excessive Noise / Inappropriate Behavior. Out of respect for all guests, excessive noise or inappropriate behavior is
prohibited. In the event of excessive noise or other inappropriate behavior, or if complaints are received from other guests
regarding excessive noise or other inappropriate behavior, you will be told to leave immediately with no refunds.
11. Driving Conditions. Most roads in Birch Hollow are private. Some are steep, and most are gravel. We highly recommend 4-
wheel or all-wheel drive vehicles. Guests must exercise caution and drive at their own risk. Birch Hollow is not responsible
for expenses for towing to pull vehicles out of ditches or for vehicle repair. If roads become too dangerous to drive due to
unforeseen weather conditions, those roads will be blocked off.
This page has been read and is understood. Please initial here ______
12. Hot Tubs. Hot tubs are not approved by the Powell County Health Department, but they are checked, cleaned and treated
before every guest arrives. Management and owners are not responsible for health issues related to use of the hot tubs.
Use them at your own risk!! Hot tub rules are posted near the hot tub or inside the cabin near the hot tub. READ THE
RULES BEFORE USING THE HOT TUB!! If any type of abuse requiring draining of the hot tub is discovered, the cost to drain,
fill and treat the hot tub ($200 minimum) will be assessed. We make every effort to keep hot tubs functional; however
there is no guarantee that mechanical failure can be repaired. There will be NO REFUNDS OR DISCOUNTS due to any hot
tub malfunction. Keep the cover on hot tub when not in use to maintain temperature and keep hot tub clean. Expenses
related to any type of damage to the hot tubs, covers and lifters are NOT covered by the $39 Peace-of-Mind Damage
13. Locking Cabin. Guests must lock all cabin doors and windows at any time the cabin is not occupied.
14. Extra Cleaning Charges. If you complete the first five tasks listed on the first page before your departure, the cabin should
be left in the same condition as when you arrived, except for the bed linens left for the cleaning staff to wash. If our
cleaning crew finds that the property and/or grounds require extra time and effort to clean because you failed to leave the
property in good condition and/or did not complete these tasks, an additional cleaning fee of $50 per hour will be assessed.
15. Missing / Damaged Items. Inventory is taken prior to check-in and after check-out, including accounting for all towels, bed
linens, pillows, etc. The cost to replace missing or damaged items, or to repair damage to the property, furnishing, and/or
grounds, will be assessed to the guest responsible, unless the damage is covered under the specific terms and exclusions of
the damage waiver. NOTE: Management or Owner shall NOT be responsible for damage to or loss of tenants’ personal
property. Any personal items left in cabins are held for two weeks. If you pay the shipping costs, plus a $25 handling fee,
we will ship forgotten items to you as soon as your funds are received.
Finally, for the safety of all our special guests, please –
• No ATV, dirt bikes, or 4-wheeling on the property.
• Firearms are strictly prohibited, and fireworks are not permitted.
• Kentucky state law prohibits transporting firewood across state and county lines because of the possibility of
transferring wood-destroying insects and diseases. Do not bring firewood from outside of the county or state
into Birch Hollow. Firewood can be purchased and delivered to your cabin – just call Dale at 606-663-0005.
Disclaimer: Neither the owners nor cabin management is responsible for personal injury to guests, or to their guests, during
their stay in Birch Hollow. Please be aware that we are invading the habitat of insects, pests and snakes (some poisonous)
native to the area, and you may see deer, wild turkey, raccoons, squirrels and many types of birds. While all cabins are
routinely treated for common pests, you are likely to see critters of some sort during your stay. Do not leave food out at
night, or you may have unwelcome guests at your cabin! Use insect repellant and remember THIS IS SNAKE COUNTRY, so
wear heavy boots and thick jeans when hiking or playing in the creek to protect yourself and your guests.
This page has been read and is understood. Please initial here ______
NOTE: ANY ADDITIONAL CHARGES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST YOUR CREDIT
CARD ON FILE, UNLESS COVERED UNDER THE TERMS AND EXCLUSIONS OF THE
PEACE-OF-MIND DAMAGE WAIVER
Tips. If you are pleased with the cleanliness and service of our staff, gratuities are greatly appreciated. Thank you in
advance for thinking of our hard-working crew members.
NOTE: A copy of this rental agreement can be found in the notebook in your cabin and on our website, for your
reference and review.
Cell Phone Number: ___________________________________ Email: __________________________________________
Driver’s License Name: ______________________________________________ Number: ________________________________
License Plate Number: ___________________________ State: ____
Make, Model Year & Color of Vehicle: Make: ______________ Model: ______________ Year: ______ Color: _______________
Name of Cabin: ___________________________________________________________ # of People Staying in Cabin: ________
Did you pay the optional $39 Peace-of-Mind Damage Waiver? Yes ____No ____ (If Yes, sign and date the separate damage waiver
By signing below, I confirm that I have read this agreement in its entirety and agree to abide by all terms and conditions.
Print Name Here: ____________________________________________________________________________________________
Signature:_______________________________________________________________ Date: ______________________________
CALL DALE SMITH AT THE NUMBERS BELOW:
CABIN OFFICE PHONE #: (606) 663-0005 OR (614) 371-4557
If no answer, leave a message. Messages are checked frequently and responded to promptly.
EMERGENCIES ONLY: If you are unable to reach Dale and have a genuine emergency,
please contact Sparks Services at (859) 771-3549.
Thank you for choosing Cabins of Birch Hollow for your deluxe
mountain getaway. We realize you have many choices in your selection
of accommodations, and we appreciate your choosing of accommodations, and we appreciate your choosing appreciate your choosing us.