grand total: From $125 Per Night
- Sleeps 4
- Bedrooms 2
- Bathrooms 1
- Type Cottage
This stucco cottage for 4 is nestled in Cortez, where you can enjoy views of the Mesa Verde Mountains from the back porch. The 2-bedroom, 1-bath vacation rental home is close to Mesa Verde National Park, a unique place where you can explore ancient cliff dwellings. Enjoy delicious meals in town, finishing up with craft beers from the local brewery. You'll love walking along Main Street while sipping coffee from a local shop and learning about the native people at the Cortez Cultural Center.
-- THE PROPERTY --
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Additional Sleeping: Couch
Enjoy views of the Mesa Verde and La Plata mountain ranges from the back porch of this stucco cottage while sipping hot coffee from the coffee bar. After basking in the cool morning air, head inside to fix breakfast in the fully equipped kitchen.
Sit together around the dining table, with additional seats available, and feast on scrambled eggs and fluffy pancakes. When you've finished eating, store leftovers in the spacious fridge and put the dirty dishes in the brand new dishwasher.
The bright living room is lined with art and colorful accents, creating an inviting country cottage feel. Sink into the plush couch and enjoy small-talk with your travel companions. The large flat-screen cable TV is perfect for movie night after a day in the mountains.
Spend delightful evenings enjoying the cool Colorado air in the large, well-manicured backyard. Complete with a grill and ample seating, you'll love drinking beer and chatting with your crew until late in the night. Sit under the stars around the fire pit and roast marshmallows. Who can make the best s'mores?
Both of the 2 comfy bedrooms boasts fine mattresses and soft bedding. You'll sleep like a baby, waking refreshed for another day of adventures in Colorful Colorado.
-- THE LOCATION --
You'll love the charming town of Cortez, with a delightful Main Street lined with shops and restaurants like The Farm Bistro, Stonefish, Loungin' Lizard, and Blondies. Walk a block to Spruce Tree Coffeehouse for a custom latte then stop by The Pie Maker Bakery for a fresh pastry.
After grabbing a beer at a local brewery, head to the Sunflower Theater for live music, poetry readings, and more! The Cortez Cultural Center has seasonal dance performances where you can also see Ancestral Puebloan ruins, pottery, and other artifacts. Finish up with homemade ice cream in Downtown Cortez.
Mesa Verde National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is just 9 miles away, where you can see cliff dwellings year round. Canyon of the Ancients is also just 10 miles away. Hike endless trails throughout gorgeous McElmo Canyon and don't miss a trip to Hovenweep National Monument.
With summertime fishing and boating at McPhee Reservoir, tours and day outings at Crow Canyon Archeological Center, breathtaking drives along the San Juan Skyway, nearby wineries, and more, your Cortez vacation will be filled with memorable moments for all.
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental wants your vacation experience to be everything you hoped for and exactly what you needed. To make it easy, we help you find a property you love, offer world-class support seven days a week, and make sure our properties are safe, clean, and ready for your stay. Even better, each home has a Guest Contact available 24/7 for anything that’s on your mind. It’s a fresh new approach to vacation rental. Try Evolve today!
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, coffee bar, new high chair, blender, coffee grinder, free WiFi, flat-screen cable TV, DVD player, linens and towels provided, in-unit washer and dryer, grill, deck, outdoor seating, fire pit, horseshoe pit, dog-friendly, mountain views, and more!
- Essentials like shampoo and more are provided
- The property has a private entrance and contains both smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors
- Beautiful location 9 miles away from the entrance to Mesa Verde National Park. Explore McElmo Canyon, Canyon of the Ancients, and more. Shop and dine in quaint Cortez, with popular Colorado cities like Durango, Mancos, and Telluride an easy day trip away. Fishing, boating, hiking, and more abound!
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Durango-La Plata County Airport - 1000 Airport Rd, Durango, CO 81303, (~58.5 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking inside the home (permitted outside on the patio)
- Pet friendly with $25 per pet per stay fee (2 small dogs or 1 large dog max)
- Dogs must be house trained
- Please note the homeowner lives next door and may be present during your stay
- No parties or large gatherings - smaller events or gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
DETAILS & AMENITIES
- Cinema/Movie Theater
- Eco Tourism
- Farmers Market
- Fly Fishing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Horseback Riding
- Jet Skiing
- Live Theater
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Winery Tours
- Free Parking
- Wireless Internet (WIFI)
- Dishware and Flatware
- Ice Maker
- Off Street Parking
- Gas Grill
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Patio Furniture
- Cable/Satellite TV
- DVD Player
- Flat-Screen TV
- Internet Connection
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Bathtub or Shower On First
- Minimum Age Requirement
- Non Smoking
- Suitable for Children
- Suitable for Elderly
Guest Reviews (4)
Write Your Own Review
This was the perfect place for my wife and dogs to make our home base while I worked for 10 days in Cortez. The house is very clean and cozy (it was decorated beautifully for Christmas during our stay), and it has literally everything you’d need to live in comfortably. It is in the best location, too. City Market is right around the corner (walking distance), and we only had to walk one block up to see the town’s Parade of Lights. There are restaurants and parks that are also in walking distance. Deb was a gracious host who was unbelievably attentive, while also respecting our privacy. I would highly recommend this rental to anyone looking to stay in the area.
*This review was originally posted on HomeAway for a stay in November 2018
Great stay! Nice little house with all the amenities, steps from downtown Cortez. Deb is great!
*This review was originally posted on Airbnb for a stay in November 2018
We had a wonderful short stay at the Mesa Cottage. It was nice and cosy on a chilly evening. Everything in the home was well laid out and beautifully decorated. Pubs, restauramts and grocery stores were within walking distance. Mesa Verde was just a short drive. Would definitely love to stop by again for a nice escape from the city.
*This review was originally posted on HomeAway for a stay in October 2018
Quiet,clean,comfortable. Beautiful landscaping.