grand total: From $185 Per Night
- Sleeps 6
- Bedrooms 3
- Bathrooms 2
- Type Cabin
*Please note that there is another vacation rental unit on the premises, and there may be other travelers present during your stay*
Escape to the mountains for a relaxing getaway at 'Geronimo Cabin,' a 3-bed, 2-bath vacation rental cabin that sleeps 10 in Alto! On top of the 1,800-square-foot interior, you'll enjoy an expansive private deck and fireplace for those chilly nights! Stay at the Lazy Bear Retreat Cabin Rentals and enjoy the proximity to skiing, hiking, hunting, horse races, and lakes.
-- THE PROPERTY --
*NOTE: Your safety matters. This property features exterior security cameras. These devices may be recording activity for your safety, but should not infringe on your privacy*
Master Bedroom: King Bed, Full Futon | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Bedroom 3: Queen Bed | Living Room: Full Sleeper Sofa
Whether you're in town to hunt, ski, or hike, you'll enjoy the authentic cabin ambiance of this mountain retreat as well as the amenities and comforts of a modern hotel! You're sure to love the southwestern decor, cozy furnishings, and natural light streaming inside of 'Geronimo Cabin.' Kick your shoes off and lounge in the clean and comfortable living room while you watch a show on the flat-screen TV with Roku streaming.
If your stomachs are growling after your long day of travels, prepare some side dishes in the fully equipped kitchen and cook burgers on the gas grill on the deck. Serve the meal buffet-style at the dining table and bring your plates back out to the furnished deck.
Toast to your vacation and the upcoming adventures with a complimentary bottle of wine in the cabin! As the sun starts to fade and the chilly night emerges, get snuggled up inside by the wood-burning fireplace before you call it a night.
After a night spent soundly sleeping in the master bedroom, shower in the en-suite bathroom or soak in the tub before you brew the complimentary roasted coffee beans and get caffeinated for your adventurous day to come!
-- THE LOCATION --
There's something for everybody when you stay at this Alto accommodation. From hiking to skiing and fishing to shopping, the area is filled with activities and attractions sure to make everyone excited!
The property is centrally located near several local ranches and Lincoln National Forest, right between the Capitan Mountains (Unit 37) and Sierra Blanca (Unit 36). Don't forget to pack your gear and permits for an undeniably exciting hunting trip in the beautiful southern New Mexico mountains!
Stop by Sierra Ski Rental before you head to Ski Apache just 30 minutes away for a day of scenic alpine skiing! During the winter, take the kids to Ruidoso Winter Park for snow-tubing, heated igloos, and ziplining.
Hike around Alto Lake while others use the kayak from the property to paddle across the glistening waters. Play a round of golf at Alto Lakes Golf and Country Club after your hike or travel north to the Smokey Bear Museum.
The town of Ruidoso is filled with great restaurants to refuel after adventuring. The town also boasts the Ruidoso Downs Race Track for a fun afternoon of betting on horses!
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental wants your vacation experience to be everything you hoped for and exactly what you needed. To make it easy, we help you find a property you love, offer world-class support seven days a week, and make sure our properties are safe, clean, and ready for your stay. Even better, each home has a Guest Contact available 24/7 for anything that’s on your mind. It’s a fresh new approach to vacation rental. Try Evolve today!
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen with a complimentary bottle of wine and locally roasted coffee, free WiFi, 4 flat-screen TVs with Roku, wood-burning fireplace, private furnished deck with a gas grill, kayak available upon request for an additional fee, concierge service available upon request for an additional fee, driveway parking for 4 cars, and more
- This Alto cabin is perfect for a family that loves all things outdoors! Ski Apache is only 30 minutes away, lakes and hiking are within a few miles, and horse racing in Ruidoso is close!
- Close proximity to prime hunting spots and Lincoln National Forest!
- If you're traveling with more than 10 guests, check the availability of the additional vacation rentals on the property (listing #417166 & #417168 on the Evolve website)
- Nearest Major Airport: Roswell International Air Center (~79 miles away)
- Events are preferred if renting out all 3 vacation rental properties on-site together. Please see Evolve listings #417166 and #417168
- Maximum number of people allowed at the property: 100
- Event fee: Required. Please inquire for more information
- Outside services/vendor details: Allowed
- Event parking: Plenty of parking on the premises
- Alcohol policies: Allowed with event insurance
- If you plan on skiing during your stay, the home offers a seamless experience to rent your equipment! Please review the packages and reach out to Evolve upon booking with your requests: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N7pM-Ph4X54y9HoWV7tAag4AedLwgMKW/view?usp=sharing
(You will pay these fees directly to the Guest Contact and they will pay the ski shop)
- The Guest Contact will fill out a questionnaire and fax it to the ski shop to get the equipment ready, so there’s no waiting in lines! The ski shop also includes a car rack for the equipment at no extra charge and includes free insurance!
- When you’re ready to ski, you will pick the gear up at The Wild West Ski Shop, located close to the property and on the way to Ski Apache
- ** Please note that this is only for renting ski gear, and does not include lift tickets
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- *NOTE: Your safety matters. This property features exterior security cameras. These devices may be recording activity for your safety, but should not infringe on your privacy*
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
DETAILS & AMENITIES
- Cinema/Movie Theater
- Downhill/Alpine Skiing
- Eco Tourism
- Farmers Market
- Fly Fishing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Horseback Riding
- Ice Skating
- Live Theater
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winery Tours
- Onsite Laundry Facilities
- Catering Available
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Complimentary Toiletries
- External Surveillance Devices
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Free Parking
- Hair Dryer
- Private Hot Tub
- Smoke Detector
- Trash Bags/Paper Towels
- Wireless Internet (WIFI)
- Dishware and Flatware
- Ice Maker
- Water Filter
- Fire Pit
- Gas Grill
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Patio Furniture
- Alarm Clock
- Cable/Satellite TV
- Ceiling Fans
- Central Heating
- DVD Player
- Flat-Screen TV
- Internet Connection
- Keyless Entry
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Car Recommended
- Events Allowed
- Extended Stay
- Flexible Max Occupancy
- Minimum Age Requirement
- No Pets Allowed
- Non Smoking
- Suitable for Children
- Suitable for Elderly
Guest Reviews (5)
Write Your Own Review
Wonderful! My husband and I had to find a place quick after out previous cabin was rented out from under us. This owner was so sweet and ready to accommodate us. He really went above and beyond to make sure that my husband and I would have a nice get away. The room is very rustic and so cozy. We absolutely love it! Would 100% come back here again and again! Absolutely wonderful place, owner, and experience here!
Pros: local bottle of wine, coffee, and soaps, wild life: wild horses every day,mule deer, and a very friendly husky, very spacious- plenty of room for a family of 6, outside of town
Cons: Hot tub was broken ( they said they replaced the heating element but it kept tripping the breaker) washer and dryer don’t really work – washer was unplugged had a hose in it and dryer has no heating function), when we arrived our sheets were not on our bed they were in the dryer probably because the dryer didn’t work, owners phone number on VROB is incorrect, had to call and ask for Wi-Fi password by googling Lazy Bear, and never could locate the garbage bin.
*This review was originally posted on HomeAway for a stay in January 2019
Rose, thank you for sharing your experience with us. The homeowner would like to deliver the following message:
"Thanks so much for your review and feedback. Feedback like yours helps us to improve our quality of service and we at the Lazy Bear Retreat pride ourselves on quality customer service. We are so sorry about the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Unfortunately, we did have a dryer go out and the heater on the hot tub go out as well the day before your stay. We contacted the hot tub repair guy who came out and replaced the heater but it apparently wasn't working again. I am confused and concerned about your comments about the beds not being made. I have asked the staff who assured me they were made. I'm hopeful that you will book another stay with us to let us make it up to you by offering a discount on your next stay. Thanks again.
Lenny Peck, Owner and Manager
Lazy Bear Retreat"
Best, the Evolve Team
We got locked out of cabin the second day. The code to open the door was not working so we tried to get in contact with number provided with no luck. We called several times left numerous messages and even send emails to VRBO with still no luck. We waited hours outside for someone to call us back and up to the next day for check out we haven't heard from anyone. Luckily after 2 hours we decided to check the windows and we found one that was left unlocked and were able to get in and change to continue with our plans. It was super frustrating because we had plans and got held back due to non communication by the owners side.
*This review was originally posted on HomeAway for a stay in July 2018
Elizabeth, thank you for your review. The homeowner would like to respond with the following:
"We are terribly sorry for your negative experience at the Geronimo cabin. This is the first negative response that we have had, and it troubles me that one of our guests was unhappy since we strive for excellence and customer satisfaction here at the Lazy Bear Retreat. I did not see any attempts to contact me and I did not see anyone at the door from the main office. Thanks so much for letting us know about your experience so we can do a better job, and we hope that you'll give us another chance in the future. Best regards, Lenny, Owner and Manager of the Lazy Bear Retreat"
Best, the Evolve Team
My husband and I stayed in this lovely cabin for 3 days and thoroughly enjoyed our time there. The setting is so beautiful and peaceful, it had everything we needed for a home away from home and we were lucky enough to see the wild horses off our balcony twice!
I would highly recommend this place to anyone.
If you are looking for a peaceful, restful place in Alto, New Mexico this is your spot. There are 3 different cabins on this location all with kitchens and their own hot tubs. I promise you won't be disappointed. Close to everything.