grand total: From $300 Per Night
- Sleeps 5
- Bedrooms 2
- Bathrooms 2
- Type House
**Please note that there is another vacation rental unit on the premises, and there may be other travelers present during your stay**
An enchanting Virginia getaway awaits at this beautiful vacation rental suite less than 2 miles from Scottsville and 20 miles from Charlottesville. This 2-bed, 2-bath suite boasts cathedral ceilings, gorgeous wood furnishings, stained glass windows, and panoramic views of the river and woods. Five travelers can relax on the spacious decks or charming gazebo area!
Master Bedroom: King Bed | Bedroom 2: Twin Bed | Living Room: Queen Sleeper Sofa
At 'River Bluff Suite,' you'll feel right at home while also gaining a memorable experience and unique vacation! This spacious suite consists of the entire, private top-floor of a charming 2-story home.
The property sits on a bluff in the Horseshoe Bend along the James River, offering incredible views from the suite's hillside perch and a peaceful environment for you to relax.
The open-concept living area and kitchen will take your breath away with the soaring cathedral ceilings and exposed chestnut wood beams. An expansive window at the end of the space overlooks the river and rolling central Virginia hills. The elegant couches channel a vintage feel and provide the perfect spot for the 5 of you to lounge and chat!
The spacious kitchen is fully equipped with everything you'll need to whip up a tasty homemade meal and features stunning chestnut cabinetry. Enjoy your feasts at the lovely dining room table with room for 5.
An incredible dining experience also awaits on the back deck at the quaint patio table facing the river. Spend early mornings eating eggs as the sun rises or quiet evenings sipping cocktails at sunset.
You'll love unwinding by the gazebo at any time of day. Set on a flagstone detached patio, you can enjoy views of the river while being surrounded by towering trees. If travelers are staying at the other vacation rental unit, perhaps you can make friends as you relax and enjoy the tranquil setting.
Take a soak in the jetted bathtub to end your perfect day. Get cozy in the luxurious master bedroom, featuring a private balcony and a flat-screen cable TV. You'll definitely feel like royalty as you drift to sleep in the king bed!
Traveling with more than 5 guests? Check out the second vacation rental on site, Evolve listing 251037.
From the property’s secluded location on a bluff, you can admire stunning riverfront and wooded views. Whether you're inside the suite - in just about any room with a window - or at the gazebo, the surrounding scenery will make your retreat at ‘River Bluff Suite’ feel therapeutic and exceptional.
Walk less than 2 miles to downtown Scottsville. In this quaint town with rich history, experience a variety of restaurants, local breweries and wineries, eclectic shops, intriguing festivals, and historic attractions.
The nearby James River is the prime setting for adventurous water activities! Tubing, boating, canoeing, and fishing are just some of the ways to get your feet wet and soak up the sun. In the winter, pack your snow gear and head over to Wintergreen Ski Resort 30 miles away for a day on the slopes.
Take a day trip to Charlottesville, just a 30-minute drive from the suite. In this charming city, discover the beautiful University of Virginia campus, Thomas Jefferson's famous plantation home, Monticello, and abundant dining, shopping, and entertainment options.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, free WiFi, parking for 2 vehicles, air conditioning, central heating, ceiling fans, washer and dryer, 2 flat-screen cable TVs, jetted bathtub, spacious deck with charcoal grill, patio table, and incredible views, private balcony off the master bedroom, shared detached patio with outdoor dining area and gazebo, and much more
- Please note the River Bluff Suite consists of the entire private top floor of a 2-story home
- If you're traveling with more than 5 guests, check the availability of the additional vacation rental on the property (Evolve listing #215037) Please inquire with Evolve about renting both properties together
- Marvelous Scottsville location less than 2 miles from the downtown area and 20 miles from Charlottesville! Admire views of the James River from the property's secluded hillside spot
- Nearest Regional Airport: Charlottesville Albemarle Airport - 100 Bowen Loop #200, Charlottesville, VA 22911, (~34 miles away) | Nearest International Airport: Richmond International Airport - 1 Richard E Byrd Terminal Dr, Richmond, VA 23250, (79 miles away)
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Please note that there is another vacation rental unit on the premises, and there may be other travelers present during your stay
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Please note that the property might not be suitable for mobility-impaired, as it is only accessible by numerous stairs
- Please note that the property does have cell phone service, but it may be spotty since the property is located in a rural area
- Must be at least 21 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
DETAILS & AMENITIES
- Cinema/Movie Theater
- Downhill/Alpine Skiing
- Farmers Market
- Fly Fishing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Ice Skating
- Live Theater
- Mountain Biking
- Winery Tours
- Complimentary Toiletries
- Free Parking
- Trash Bags/Paper Towels
- Wireless Internet (WIFI)
- Crock Pot
- Dishware and Flatware
- Ice Maker
- Water View
- Off Street Parking
- Charcoal Grill
- Outdoor Dining Area
- Patio Furniture
- Alarm Clock
- Cable/Satellite TV
- Ceiling Fans
- Central Heating
- Flat-Screen TV
- Internet Connection
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Wood-Burning Stove
- Car Recommended
- Minimum Age Requirement
- No Pets Allowed
- Non Smoking
- Not Suitable For Elderly
- Suitable for Children
Guest Reviews (1)
Write Your Own Review
Teresa's mom Betty was there when we got there and was so sweet. She gave us lots of information about the area and things to do. This is the top floor of a house and they do live on the first floor, however, you wouldn't even know they were there! It has its own entrance and the place and view are absolutely beautiful. The kitchen is packed full of cooking supplies, pots and pans which is great. It was so nice I wish we could have stayed longer than 2 nights. I will definitely be keeping them in mind next time I want to come to the area!
*This review was originally posted on HomeAway for a stay in October 2018