grand total: From $285 Per Night
- Sleeps 8
- Bedrooms 4
- Bathrooms 2.5
- Type House
Take a step back in time to 'The Soule House,' a gorgeous 4-bedroom, 2.5-bath vacation rental house near Lake Champlain! This expansive 4,000-square-foot Federal-style home comfortably sleeps 8 and boasts a charming colonial-style interior, 4 fireplaces, a formal dining room, and a window-lined sitting room. Enjoy a sun-filled day on the lake, drive to 2 nearby ski resorts, or host a large family gathering in the barn and roam the 5 foliage-filled acres surrounding the estate!
Master Bedroom: King Bed | Bedroom 2 (Nursery): Full Bed | Bedroom 3 (Twin Room): 2 Twin Beds | Bedroom 4 (Betty's Room): Full Bed
Nestled on 5 private acres in Northern Vermont, 'The Soule House' was originally built in the 1830's and is filled with old-world charm. Enjoy a sunset cocktail in the spacious backyard and gaze out at the beautiful rolling hills!
Begin your day by warming up by the electric fireplace in a rocking chair next to to the dining area. Many of the original furnishings are still present and functional in the house, giving you the authentic estate experience! Watch for wildlife out of this window-lined space while you enjoy a cup of freshly-brewed Keurig coffee.
When you get hungry, prepare a delicious spread for your travel companions in the well-equipped antique kitchen. All of the cooking appliances have been updated with easy-to-use electric heat, but also maintain their antique looks. Enjoy your meal at the 4-person kitchen table or get a more formal dining experience in the lovely 8-person dining room!
Afternoons at the estate are best spent sharing laughs with your loved ones around a warm fire in the living room. From the original antique furniture to the decorative rugs and fireplaces in each room, no detail was overlooked throughout the updates of this historic property.
There is no better way to celebrate a special event, than opening up the spacious barn for a fun night with hundreds of friends. Finish off your day by roasting s'mores around the outdoor fire pit with your travel companions while looking up at the star-lined Vermont sky!
The town of Fairfield is a quiet village just 10 minutes outside of St. Albans City. This city will be your go-to spot for all of your grocery shopping or retail needs, and is also home to a variety of delicious local restaurants. One Federal Restaurant & Lounge is always a favorite restaurant for any special occasions!
This estate is less than 30 minutes from Lake Champlain, Fairfield Pond, Interstate 89 and much more. Lake Champlain is the perfect place for boating or tanning on the shoreline, while Fairfield Pond is a local hotspot for fishing.
When the snow starts falling, there's no better place to ski than Jay Peak Resort or Smuggler's Notch Ski. Drive 53 minutes to reach 385 skiable acres, an astounding 349-inches of average annual snowfall, and plenty of fun restaurants to enjoy for Après-ski. The mountain also doubles up as an exciting summer destination for with hiking trails, an indoor waterpark, and a golf course!
Some other fun ways to spend your day are visiting Smugglers’ Notch Resort, playing golf at the Enosburg Falls Country Club, and simply exploring this wildlife-filled area surrounding the estate.
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a well-equipped kitchen, antique furniture, a barn (100-person capacity plus additional tent) 4 electric fireplaces, a wood-burning fire pit, flat-screen TV, complimentary toiletries, 4-car driveway parking, free WiFi, and much more
- Fantastic Fairfield location - 10 minutes from St. Albans City, less than 30 minutes from Lake Champlain, Fairfield Pond, and I-89, 32 minutes to Smuggler's Notch Ski Resort, 53 minutes from Jay Peak Resort, and close to a variety of delicious local restaurants!
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Burlington International Airport - 1200 Airport Dr, South Burlington, VT 05403, ( ~ 34.8 miles away)
On-Site Event Information:
- Events are recommended from May through October
- Maximum number of people allowed at the property: 100 maximum or more with use of an event tent
- Event fee: Events require an additional fee. Please reach out to Evolve for more information
- Outside services/vendor details: Allowed
- Event parking: Parking is available in the field outside the home
- Alcohol policies: Alcohol is allowed with a signed certificate of insurance or event insurance
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered with prior homeowner approval (please contact Evolve for additional information)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
DETAILS & AMENITIES
- Cinema/Movie Theater
- Cross Country Skiing
- Downhill/Alpine Skiing
- Eco Tourism
- Farmers Market
- Fly Fishing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Horseback Riding
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Live Theater
- Miniature Golf
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
- Alarm Clock
- Internet Connection
- Flat-Screen TV
- On-Call Maintenance
- Complimentary Toiletries
- Free Parking
- Hair Dryer
- Trash Bags/Paper Towels
- Wireless Internet (WIFI)
- Dishware and Flatware
- Fire Pit
- Central Heating
- DVD Player
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Extended Stay
- Minimum Age Requirement
- No Pets Allowed
- Non Smoking
- Car Recommended
- Long Term Renters
- Suitable for Children
- Suitable for Elderly
- Off Street Parking
Guest Reviews ()
No reviews available. Write Your Own Review